Hoosier Hill Farm Agar Agar powder, 25 lb.
Agar Agar Powder is a natural additive is prepared from several species of red algae. It is a vegetable gelatin, one with high gelling properties.
The basic Agar Gel recipe is 2 teaspoons of powder to 2 cups of liquid.
- Soak the agar in the liquid for about 10-15 min.
- Bring to boil and simmer stirring until the agar completely dissolves (about 5 minutes).
In Japan, where Agar Agar is known as Kanten, the dietary fiber is added to everything from soups to noodles to desserts, because of its ability to expand in the stomach---causing a feeling of fullness. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing. Contains 4 oz. of Agar Agar powder Also referred to as Red Algea (sea weed) or Kanten Dietary fiber.
- Add to panna cotta to make a restaurant quality dish.
- Make vegan cheese.
- Add to fruit syrups to make fruit "caviar" to garnish sweet treats.
- 2 teaspoons of agar will set about 2 1/4 cups of liquid ingredients to a soft cheese like consistency.
For best results:
Mix agar-agar with 5 parts similar size powder (salt, sugar, etc) or oil (glycol,flycerin, alcohol etc.) or high brix liquid (not high fructose corn syrup)
Agar-agar dissolves in water above 85C/185F degrees.
Shelf Life: 10-12 months
Red Algea (seaweed)
There have been no reviews for this product.